Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2020

An Important Message from your Handicap Chair

It is not hard. One Score Card procedure works for all current formats.

Below is the current schedule for the next three ASGA Events. Currently these are the only type events we are planning to play due to Covid 19 risk analysis by the City.

Next Three Events

As a person and as your Handicap Chair I really believe in keeping things simple.

Bruce Jones our Website Chair and Paul Redden before him have created computer programs that will do the calculating for us. All you have to do is put the last name first then first name or at minimum the initial. Then keep score for all players in your group using the actual score made (maximum of 4 over par per hole.) Turn the completed card in at end of round, including scorer's and the one that attest's names. All I will then have to do is key in the actual scores you and all the rest of the golfers in your group actually made on each hole.. You can total them if you like so I can compare, but do not write in dots in best ball or net scores or anything else, just your actual score. See the card example we have shown. That is all we want. You can keep a separate card for your own games, dots or whatever. Do not turn in that card.

Now you are all smarter than me maybe, but there are two reasons I want you to follow my directions. One is we use your actual score to be a part of your handicap calculation. Two is that filling out cards the same as you would for an individual event will let the computer do the thinking and make your life simple. So there is only one way to fill out cards for all current event formats. I like simple and it will make your life simple too.

You can go to this link and see an actually completed card the way we want it. Oh yeah, if I can not figure out your numbers and/or figure out who you are from your names or lack of, I am told I can DQ you. Ok, now whose the smartest?

Thanks so much for helping me do my job and here's hoping your team wins our first team event in a while.

Handicap Chair,
Bill Burke

Sample Card (click here for larger image)